Friday, February 4, 2011
2010
+ In January Pascal and I first told our families that we were going to get engaged
+ Pascal proposed in February
+ We (and by we, I mostly mean my mom) planned a wedding in 7 months
+ I applied and was accepted in the PhD Geology program at UC Davis
+ My mom was diagnosed with breast cancer in April
+ My mom went through surgery and chemo and is now waiting for the day when her hair is longer than my dad's (soon!)
+ Our friends and family threw bridal showers and bachelor and bachelorette parties in our honor over the summer
+ Pascal graduated with his MBA in June
+ Pascal got a job and started work in July
+ We went apartment hunting and found the perfect place in Pleasanton. Pascal moved in during July and I followed shortly thereafter
+ We were married on September 18th and had the most amazing honeymoon in Hawaii
+ In December I graduated with my M.S. in Geology
+ I also made the decision to walk away from the PhD and to look for jobs in industry instead
2010 was crazy, and we have no idea what the next year will be like, but we tell each other all the time that at least we know we'll be going through it together. I think that's my favorite part about 2010.
No comments:
Post a Comment