Monday, February 28, 2011

Knitting the blue hat


 





I needed a red beanie to complete my costume for the pub crawl last weekend, so I decided to knit one. I used to knit in college but I haven't done it for about 3 years, so I wasn't sure how it would go. I started off with a plain beanie, but then I got bored and decided to go crazy with a pattern. I used the Beaufort hat pattern and it worked out great! I bought cheap red yarn that turned out to be kind of a pain because it wasn't very stretchy or soft, so for the next hat I choose a pretty, soft, stretchy blue yarn. I used exactly the same pattern but it came out so much better. Lesson learned: good yarn is worth it. I used tricky double-pointed needles to finish the hat. To learn how to do that I used the tutorial from the purl bee, which worked out well. I can't wait to try more patterns!

1 comment:

Katie said...

AWESOME! I love having a ridiculous amount of free time---bedrest isn't the worst thing that can happen to a person.

Post a Comment