To celebrate our 2 year (dating) anniversary, Pascal and I made a fancy fish + quinoa + artichoke dinner with strawberries & whipped cream for dessert. We decided to make our own whipped cream, which was the best idea ever. It's so easy and fun! We followed this recipe and it was delicious. We had strawberries & whipped cream for dessert for two nights, and at the end we had a little bit left over. I didn't think it would last until the next day, but I didn't want to waste it, so I decided to do a little experiment. The recipe said that if you over-beat it, it'll become butter-like. So, I decided to see if I could make butter! I followed these instructions but didn't use a blender because I didn't have much to blend. Instead, I used a whisk and a fork. You can see the consistency change before your eyes and it doesn't take long at all. Ours had some vanilla and sugar in it because it was left over from the whipped cream, so I added cinnamon to make it cinnamon-sugar butter. We tried it on some toast and it's delicious!
While I was making butter and exclaiming every 30 seconds about how it was changing and wasn't that so cool, Pascal was installing latches on our cabinets to keep them closed in case an earthquake wants to shake all of our glasses and plates out. They may still break inside the cabinets, but at least there won't be broken glass all over the floor. Hopefully nothing will happen until after we move!
No comments:
Post a Comment