Monday, June 6, 2011

Buggy!

My mom, sister and I all have "crazy bugs" in our car. My mom got a small stuffed bug toy from some sort of kid's meal (I think- maybe from Wendy's?) sometime around when I was in early high school and put it in the center console of her car. Once I started driving she gave me a little crazy bug, and then once my sister started driving she got a crazy bug in her car, too. The first time I drove Cameron, the little boy I nanny for, he immediately went for crazy bug and wanted to play with it. When I told him crazy bug could sit in his car seat little boy was super excited. He named him buggy and every time we need to drive somewhere he yells "Buggy! I get to see buggy!" and runs out to the car to see him. Since I've only got a week left of work I decided to give him his own buggy to keep. Meet the second buggy!




Turns out buying a yellow stuffed bug toy is a lot harder than I thought. There's nothing out there that remotely resembles buggy! I wanted it to look like the original buggy as much as possible so I made a quick decision to knit one. After looking up patterns online it seemed like crocheting was the way to go, which is fine except that I've never crocheted before! After a little online research and a trip to Michael's for supplies I decided to give it a go. I couldn't find any patterns to match buggy so I ended up kind of blending three bug patterns I found online and winging it. I spent most of Saturday morning on it and I'm really happy with the way it turned out. The true test came when I showed it to Cameron, and.... he loved it! Whew! I'm glad he'll have something to remember me by!

2 comments:

Sflo said...

hahaha, Aaaah-mazing! I can't believe you made a "quick decision to knit one."

Glad to hear he loved it! :)

Nicola said...

Cameron LOVES buggy!! He takes him everywhere. Buggy is enjoying Spain and helps Cameron sleep at night :0) He really misses you and keeps telling me he can't wait to see "my Lauren".

Post a Comment