Yesterday I stayed with the kids all day because their parents were celebrating their 10 year anniversary. It turned out to be a really fun (if long) day! I met up with one of the little boy's friends and his friend's mom at a park, which was really fun. The little boys played together, the baby was happy and adorable, and it was fun to talk to another adult! Pascal came over after he got off work, which was really great. Little boy was excited about him coming over and only wanted to play with Pascal. Baby girl, on the other hand, was not so sure. It took her a little while, but she eventually warmed up to him. I'm glad Pascal was able to see her happy because I wanted him to see how cute she was! Those two kids are so adorable. I've only got two more weeks of work and then I know I'll miss them like crazy!
Pascal was impressed by the sheer energy (and mess-creating ability) of the 4 year old. Now he knows why I come home tired! It's funny, though, because although I work 40 hours a week, which is considered "full-time", to a mom that's only part-time. Whew. I get a full 8 hours of sleep plus 6 or so hours each night to do as I please. It's hard to imagine doing what I do 24 hrs a day with kid-induced sleep deprivation. It definitely gives me a new found respect for moms!
No comments:
Post a Comment