Yesterday we went to an A's game in Oakland with Bryon, Mike, Kathleen, Conor, Matt, Jenny, Caroline & Joe. I was in a grumpy mood all day because I wanted it to be warmer, and just as we left for the game it began to sprinkle. Grrrr. After freezing during a Giants game two summers ago I came prepared with long johns, a fleece jacket over warm layers, a down jacket, a rain jacket, and a hat. It wasn't enough. I was still cold. It would be one thing if I had grown up going to baseball games like this, but I'm used to Astro's games so hot they have to close the top and air condition the stadium. It's been three years here and I still can't wrap my mind around freezing in a down jacket at a May 28th baseball game.
It's so cold that they sell hot chocolate! I still can't believe it. It makes me giggle until I realize how cold I am- then I go and buy some to warm myself up.
The good news is it was a fireworks game, which means that after the game ends they open up the field and all the fans pour onto it and lie on their blankets to watch fireworks explode in the sky. The show was set to music (this time to Michael Jackson hits) and it was amazing. I didn't think it would, but it totally made up for the freezing cold weather. The wind blew all the smoke away and the fireworks were crystal clear and beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment