Friday, December 30, 2011

Cal vs. Texas

Wednesday was a big day in the Martin household. Cal played against Texas in the Holiday Bowl! To show our support, we wore a pin from each other's schools.
Since the rivalry from Cal's side is a little intense (see here for background), I decided to watch the game with Katie and Geoff, my fellow longhorns, at the Texas Exes San Francisco bar. Pascal dropped me off at the ferry building, where I met up with Geoff. We then took a pedicab ride to where Katie works. It was my first ride and very fun! Geoff has his own pedicab company (Cabrio taxi). I highly recommend taking a pedicab ride from them if you're ever in the city!


After meeting up with Katie we hiked up the hill to Coit Tower (where I took the picture of the city above), walked almost all of the way to the Brick Yard bar, and then finished our trek by bus.

It was fun to see the two teams I love most together on the same field! Blue and gold and burnt orange sure do look good together.

Hook 'em Horns!

No comments:

Post a Comment