Ten years ago, I was a sophomore in high school about to take a world history test. As we scrambled to pack in some last-minute studying before the 3rd period bell rang, our teacher had live footage of the disaster unfolding in New York playing on the TV. No one was completely sure what was going on, but as our teacher watched she decided to cancel our test that day and let us watch the footage instead. The first tower had already fallen. After about 10 minutes the next one fell right before our eyes. I'll never forget the shock and sadness I felt.
Today Pascal and I watched the original CNN broadcast on 9/11 from 8:44 am to 11:00 am Eastern time. I'm so glad we watched it, and I'm so glad we're remembering everything that happened that day.
CNN videos here; to view them, search for: 9/11 Airliner hits North tower; 9/11 Second plane hits South tower; 9/11 President Bush confirms terror attack; 9/11 South tower collapses, Pentagon hit; 9/11 North tower collapses; Look back at how September 11 unfolded
No comments:
Post a Comment