On Wednesday this week I bought an oyster from the store for Howie's stable isotope class so we can then thin section it, drill it for isotopes, analyze the carbonate powder, process the data, and write a report. I am less than thrilled about this entire project. I know it will be good for me, but I'm not going to enjoy it. On a higher note, Thursday was free pizza night for grad students at Woodstock's!
On Friday I met up with Pascal in Berkeley for a triple-birthday pubcrawl. Three of his friends were celebrating their birthdays with a golf-themed pub crawl from McNally's to Bear's Lair. Most people were decked out in plaid and argyle, and Pascal was dressed for the occasion in a golfing polo, glove, hat, and plaid pants... women's plaid pants. And I didn't get a picture! Such an opportunity, wasted! We stayed the night at Selena and Alec's place, and after an amazing breakfast by the wonderful hosts we went to the Cal-British Colombia rugby game. The game was sold out, so we sat on tightwad hill and got a great view from there. Pascal took me on a walking tour of the campus, complete with a view of the crack in the stadium from the fault that it sits directly over. It was nice to be in Berkeley- I really like the city, and it and the Cal campus remind me of Austin and UT.
That night I drove back to Davis to have dinner with Sarah at Sophia's and then see the Shopaholic movie, which was terrible! We were groaning in pain in the theater seats. So far Sarah and I have seen the movies Twilight and Shopaholic together- what terrible movie will we pick out next?
No comments:
Post a Comment