This past Saturday Pascal and I went to the San Francisco Texas Exes Texas independence day party. They had delicious BBQ from Bonehead's Texas BBQ, all you can drink Shiner, and free tequila tastings and margaritas from Republic Tequila! The co-founder, Ken MacKenzie, was there to pour our tastings and mix our drinks and talk to us about his product. The tequila was really good, but I was most excited about their mixers. Normally I hate mixers because they're too sticky-sweet, but these were delicious. Both the mixers and tequila are organic and the mixers are made with real juices without any preservatives/artificial flavors.
I tried the jalapeno lime, prickly pear, and pineapple basil and loved them all, but my favorite was the jalapeno lime because it has a kick to it. They just started selling in the bay area and I can't wait to get my hands on some. I think it'll be perfect for our Cinco de Mayo party! And for you Californians, the co-founder is a native from the bay area. I asked how he got into tequila and he said he fell in love with a girl from Mexico and followed her there. He looked for work and got into the tequila business, married the girl, was sought after by the other founder for his tequila expertise, and is now working for Republic Tequila in Austin, TX!
images via Republic Tequila


1 comment:
hahaha... that story is super cute! I want to be a tequila maker too! I can't wait to try some of this at Cinco de Drinko!
xox
S
Post a Comment