
Tuesday was Mardi Gras! I was deeply saddened and shocked to discover that my friends in California do not celebrate Mardi Gras. To remedy this, I threw a Mardi Gras party at my apartment. I spent 4 straight hours (not kidding!) making jambalaya, red beans and rice, and a king cake from scratch. The king cake was my crowning achievement- I had to knead the dough, let it rise, pound it down, twist it into a circle, let it rise again, bake it, make the icing, and even dye the sugar that I decorated it with since they don't have purple sugar crystals for sale in the store! They also don't have little plastic babies for sale to cook in the cake, so I cooked a quarter in instead. Sarah, Tova, Pascal, Austin, Mara, Cara, Gary, Mike Eros, Flynn, and Mark came, and everyone dressed up in purple, gold, and green! Gary got the piece of cake with the quarter (aka baby), so he gets a year of good luck, and he has to throw the party next year!
2 comments:
Yeah!!! Tire-changing skillz!
Oh that photo of me is scandalous-o
That pic of Castle Rock trail is awesome! Looks beautiful!
Miss you already. It's boooring!
Post a Comment