mom and dad picked me up, and we went to eat dinner at Lupe Tortilla's with Grandma and Granddad! It was delicious, of course. I love their food. I think I'm going to go there pretty much every time I go home. Once in Texas I realized that I craved Tex-mex, Cajun food, and country fried anything, all things you can't get in California.I watched Pushing Daisies with Mom and Dad and then Tami and Jessica came over for a few hours. We didn't do Thanksgiving on Thursday this year, of course, so during the day I read some/worked some and took Maddy on a walk with Dad. It was 80 degrees and sunny and humid. I wore a tank top and sweated. It was glorious.
That night was the UT-A&M game, so me, Mom, and Dad went to the Alamo Drafthouse where they were showing the game in the movie theater. Grandma, Granddad, Kristen, Uncle Garry, and Aunt Susan met us there. It was really fun to see the game on the big screen, and it was even more fun to watch us win! I also drank a Dos Equis o
n tap and had a chocolate milkshake made from Bluebell ice cream- so good.On Friday we celebrated Thanksgiving, and Michelle, Dustin (her boyfriend), Bryan, Kori (his fiancee), and Two ma-ma came in. Michelle and Dustin were at the UT game the night before (I'm so jealous). We had a delicious meal with tons of turkey and sides and pies.
That night I went over to Jessica's house at 9 and met up with Tami, Amber, Katie, Taleen, Adilbek, James Dempsey, Tim, David, and Dane. Reunion! Jessica's mom made us all sorts of good treats and we made a stop at HEB to get some Dos XX and Shiner- so Texan. We stayed until 3 am talking and catching up, which was great.
On Saturday morning I woke up pretty early to go with my family to eat breakfast at Cafe Benedicte near my Grandparents' house. I saw the breakfast tacos on the menu and knew immediately that I was going to have to order them, and they came with salsa that was actually spicy! After breakfast we all went to have our yearly family photo, except this year we wore the Tuttle-Greene cruise shirts that Grandma and Granddad had made for us, and Kori was in some of the pictures. Our family is growing...!
That night I met up
with Katie at Starbucks, and then we came back to my house to watch the end of the OU-OSU game with Eric, Tami, and Jessica. I love that all of the UT fans are going crazy with the 45-35 signs and flying the banner with the score of the game where we beat OU over the field before OU and OSU played.On Sunday Michelle, Mom, Dad and I put on Christmas music and decorated our Christmas tree! Grandma and Granddad and Dustin came over, and then later in the afternoon Mom and Dad drove me to the airport, ending my nice, long Thanksgiving break.
No comments:
Post a Comment