This past weekend I went to Austin. I spent the nights with Michelle at her new apartment, where I was entertained by Jimmy, their cat. Saturday morning was Ben's birthday party, so James picked me up and we went to Christie and Che's house. Christie made an amazing monkey cake- it was shaped like a monkey head, complete with ears, and it was made out of banana nut cake! James and I got Ben a bug vaccuum, which sucks up bugs into a container with a magnifying glass so he can see them up close. After the party the whole family went over to James's parents' house, and we had lunch and lounged in the pool. Once lunch was over, I started getting ready for the UT vs. Florida Atlantic football game. My dad got free tickets
on the alumni side of the stadium, so I got to experience yelling "Fight!" rather than "Texas!" Michelle, Katy, and Christie went with me, and it was nice to see Katy and Christie for the first time since April!
The new addition on the stadium is done now, and it looks really different. Kind of claustrophobic, but it's pretty impressive. I have to say that my favorite part of the game was the very beginning, when they showed video where the longhorns run from a hill to the stadium and get zapped into strong Bevo-headed football players. At the end of the video, when the football players start to run out onto the field, fireworks shot off of the Jumbo-tron screen, and then two huge pillars of fire, one on either side of the screen, went off. It was totally over the top and ridiculous and I LOVED it. I also liked the half time show, when the twirler girl lit her
baton on fire on either end, then pulled out another and started twirling two flaming batons, only to pull out another and twirl three flaming batons! It was great. Almost as great as the homecoming games when the alumni guy gets out on the field and tries to fling the baton as high as he possibly can. Entertainment at it's best! We stayed until the end of the 3rd quarter, so I could see my favorite UT commercial that they always show voiced by the guy that does the Whataburger commercials. We made a pass through the Alumni center, weren't that impressed, and then walked to Katy's apartment, which is HUGE. That is not an apartment, that is a house!This past weekend I got hooked on the Twilight series, which is a vampire romance (I know, I know, make fun of me- I deserve it) that is apparently extremely popular. My sister was reading it, which is how I heard about it. I finished the first two books by Tuesday night! Now I need to find the second two...
No comments:
Post a Comment