Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Weekend in Palo Alto

This past Friday I drove down to Palo Alto and was surprised by Pascal with a birthday cake! After baking a funfetti cake, he put 23 candles in, only to realize that the cake was extremely hot and candles are known to melt when heated. He pulled out the candles and sure enough, the bottoms of the multi-colored candles had melted off into multi-colored funfetti cake, so it was kind of a game to find the wax in the brightly colored cake. Regardless, the cake was delicious (once we got all the wax out)!

On Saturday I went to the A's game with Pascal, Matt, Jenny and Kathleen. The A's won, and after the game there was a free Jordin Sparks concert. They she sang on a small stage on the field. The concert didn't phase the post-game clean up crew, and they continued to pound down the pitcher's mound, rake the grass and water the field during the entire concert! Poor Jordin. I'm sure that wasn't what she had envisioned for herself after winning American Idol!

On Sunday Pascal taught me how to drive his car, which is a stick shift. It involved lots of screeching and stalling, but I think I kind of got the hang of it by the end. We later saw the Star Trek movie and then went to the late mass at the Stanford church.

On Monday we drove to Half Moon bay, which was pretty cloudy and a little cold, but we were able to stay warm by throwing a frisbee around. That night we stopped by Trader Joe's (my first time there!) and bought the fixings for a delicious salmon dinner with caramelized onions and asparagus. After eating, we met up with Dane in Palo Alto for some drinks. It was great to see him, and it made me miss the rest of the Blanton crew! After getting back home Pascal introduced me to Arrested Development, which is my new favorite TV show. The second episode made me laugh so hard I cried!

My birthday present from Pascal-
he's already priming me for the upcoming football season

2 comments:

katie said...

Were the candles melting as he was taking that picture? ;)

katie said...

I will say it again: I love the funfetti story!
Also, you are way overdue for an update :)

Post a Comment