Monday, May 25, 2009

Thin sections + Prospectus = my life

The title pretty much sums up these past few weeks. I just completed my first 49 thin sections (yay!!!!), and as of this upcoming Tuesday my prospectus (the 10 page paper outlining all of my future research, including background, etc.) will be done! On the weekend of the 16-18 I went with Cara, Mara, Erin, Adam and Eric Cowgill on a field trip led by Dawn to Ridge Basin in southern California. It was a really good field trip, and I learned a lot. That area has amazing exposures of sedimentary structures! My favorite was the huge, exposed surface covered with ripples. The mini-camel footprints were pretty fun, too. Too bad my camera was full of pictures of my rock samples before I made thin sections out of them and I couldn't take any pictures =/.

I can't really remember what I did during the weekdays over the past weeks... a Woodstock's grad student free pizza night was in there somewhere, along with Nicole's going away party. This past Wednesday Cara gave her excellent exit talk, and we all celebrated by going to the grad (where it was country dancing night!). Yesterday I went to the first Happy Hour in what seems like forever, and joined Mara, Cara, Erin, Adam, and Scott for sushi at Moshi Moshi and hottubbing at Erin's.

No comments:

Post a Comment